Matt Rhodes is a character role-played by curvyelephant.
- 1 General Description
- 2 Background Information
- 3 Promotion Timeline
- 4 Relationships
- 5 Los Santos Police Department
- 6 Blaine County Sheriff's Office
- 7 Friends
- 8 Criminals
- 9 Quotes
- 10 Fun Facts
- 11 Rhodes Moments
- 12 Gallery
- 13 References
General Description[edit | edit source]
Matt Dark-Rhodes (né Rhodes) is a Sergeant for the Blaine County Sheriff's Office, Badge #320.
Rhodes is a 30-year-old caucasian male with scruffy blonde hair. He is widely regarded as one of the best drivers and leaders in the PD. Despite his relative newness to the PD, he is highly respected as a leader and role model to new officers.
He is one of eight officers to hold all five LEO certifications (Air, FTO, Interceptor, K9, and SWAT). The other officers who hold all five certifications include Senior Park Ranger Conan Clarkson, LSPD Sergeant, Brittany Angel, and all of the SASP Troopers; AJ Hunter, Jackie Snow, Olivia Copper, Kael Soze, and Tony Andrews.
Personality[edit | edit source]
Despite the BCSO having a reputation for incredibly bad drivers, Rhodes breaks the mold; regarded by some as one of the best drivers throughout all three departments.
With his formal schooling (and personal studies since), Rhodes has a strong understanding of case law; to the point where the LSPD Chief of Police, Bobby Smith's feedback on him during academy was, "He [Matt] was a lawyer, now he's a cop. He's a lawyer cop; he can fight the lawyers in Mission Row."
Background Information[edit | edit source]
Recycling Center[edit | edit source]
Before joining the police force, Rhodes was the owner of the Recycling Center; the only source of materials in the city at that time. Despite being a civilian, Rhodes always found himself in trouble with some of the most high-profile criminals of Los Santos. He became extremely paranoid, as multiple threats on his life would be made daily.
Rhodes cares about the environment, he's always been passionate about clean living, and recycling. He only drives electric or hybrid cars, unless he's on duty. He is best friends with Tessa Lamb, who also worked closely with him at the Recycling Center. After the Recycling Center closed down, he left the city for several months to concentrate on various school studies, including "Public Interest" and "Criminal Law".
The Harth Family[edit | edit source]
Rhodes is particularly fearful of the remaining "Harth" siblings, Jacob Harth and Zelda Harth, as he was partly responsible for the death of their eldest brother, Simon Harth. Rhodes does not know if the two Harth siblings are aware of his connection to Simon's death, nor if they are as dangerous as their late brother.
Rhodes' first introduction to Zelda came several months after Simon's death. Rhodes was responding to a situation in which a man had been stabbed by a young blonde female in Legion Square. He noticed Zelda lurking in the vicinity, and detained her for questioning; connecting her physical likeness and last name to both Jacob and Simon. He confiscated the weapon from Zelda; taking note that it was the same type of dagger that Simon had used on him when Simon had kidnapped and stabbed him.
Promotion Timeline[edit | edit source]
|Recruit||Accepted into Academy||August 10th, 2019|
|Cadet||Passed Academy - Badge #511 ||August 14th, 2019|
|Cadet||Signed off Booking by Trooper Jackie Snow||August 19th, 2019|
|Cadet||Signed off Pursuits by Trooper Jackie Snow||August 22nd, 2019|
|Cadet||Signed off Negotiations & Traffic Stops by Lieutenant Bobby Smith||August 24th, 2019|
|Cadet||Signed off Comms by Trooper Kael Soze||August 25th, 2019|
|Solo Cadet||Approved for Solo Patrol - Badge #611||August 28th, 2019|
|Solo Cadet||Signed off Investigations by Trooper Jackie Snow||September 11th, 2019|
|Solo Cadet||Took his Final Eval with Senior Officer Brittany Angel||September 14th, 2019|
|Deputy||Promoted - Badge #320 ||September 18th, 2019|
|Deputy||Air Certified - Callsign Dumbo-1||October 16th, 2019|
|Senior Deputy||Promoted; PD Ranking Restructure ||October 20th, 2019|
|Sergeant||Promoted to Command; FTO, SWAT & K9 Certified||January 13th, 2020|
|Sergeant||Promoted to Instructor of K9 Unit Certification||April 30th, 2020|
|Sergeant||Interceptor Certified||May 2nd, 2020|
Relationships[edit | edit source]
Professional[edit | edit source]
Los Santos Police Department[edit | edit source]
Bobby Smith[edit | edit source]
Jack Ripley[edit | edit source]
Kyle Pred[edit | edit source]
Blaine County Sheriff's Office[edit | edit source]
Richard Dark[edit | edit source]
Lauren Forcer[edit | edit source]
Personal[edit | edit source]
|Friends and Criminals|
Friends[edit | edit source]
Tessa Lamb[edit | edit source]
Criminals[edit | edit source]
Raul Rodriguez[edit | edit source]
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- "...Traffic is clear, weather is light."
- "...Traffic is shitty, weather is snowy...and also shitty."
- "Look, I wanna be you, Ziggy Buggs, but...without the crashing."
- "I'm TAKEN!"
- "FILTHY CRIMINALS!"
- "I'm no lawyer, but..."
- "Be advised..."
- "I love dick."
- "I GOTTA GO!"
- "It's CITATION SZN!"
- "Why is my right ear getting fucked right now!?"
- "I like when people are like right on top of me."
- "My husband has been in the ICU for, a few days now and I've gotten multiple texts from doctors, and I haven't even responded okay? I'M EMOTIONLESS!"
- "I don't blame you, at all. Cause I'm not gonna lie, I've been in your position before, and—it sucks knowing that you have information, but the moment you let other people know, you're opening doors that are going to essentially allow people to retaliate, and there's nothing you can do." - Matt in a conversation with Flop Dugong about his past.
- "He's been watching me for a year and a half, two years maybe...?" (Regarding the man in black robes that Flop mentioned.)
- "...listen, im more T H I C C than S T I C C." - Said while doing bike patrol, voluntarily.
Fun Facts[edit | edit source]
Personal Facts[edit | edit source]
- Really loves honey, especially on toast, and in his tea.
- Frequently goes into deep conversations about food and gadgets.
- Gadgets include his Ember mug, a Zojirushi thermos, a Zojirushi rice cooker, and an espresso machine.
- For some reason, people often ask him to call Kevin Shaw when asking for lawyer representation. Kevin has never answered, and never calls Rhodes back (despite several voicemails).
- Has mastered the Shinoba sleeper attack, "Ichi Punch".
- During his wedding, Rhodes made sure to let Brian Knight know that he was specifically not marrying Richard Dark to rub it in Brian's face. ( Brian was convinced for several weeks that he could get Richard Dark to marry him, in order to create the combined last name of "Dark-Knight".)
- Adopted Cody Sharp as his son to spite Dark for adopting Flop Dugong behind his back.
- Loves Adele songs.
- Sleeps at the Mission Row Police Department, despite owning two houses.
- It is canon that Matt is a rope bunny.
- During "No Shave November" he sported a handlebar mustache.
Police Related Facts[edit | edit source]
- His Callsign when bringing out Air-1 is "Dumbo-1".
- When Rhodes was still in his Cadet phase, he was signed off on Investigations without a proper report, leading to him having to be resigned off on it by Trooper Jackie Snow.
- At one point, Rhodes ended his relationship with Richard Dark, after Dark opened an investigation on his best friend, Tessa Lamb, following her being framed for a drug trafficking charge. Despite his requests for Dark to distance himself (due to conflicts of interest), Dark chose to pursue (and also take lead on) the case.
- Rekindled the relationship with Dark, following Dark's decision to hand off the "El Tesso" investigation to LSPD Sergeant, Stephen McClane. ( Note: McClane was the one who suggested [and pushed for] Dark to hand over the case, as McClane didn't want to see their relationship end.)
- He was unaware that he was taking the actual Flight Certification Exam during the test, as he had only ever flown twice before.
- Early in his career, he was approached by Trooper Tony Andrews with an interest in giving him more of a leadership opportunity.
- Before Rhodes was promoted to an FTO, he got approval by High Command to train Cadets under "makeshift" FTO ride alongs.
- Before Rhodes was officially an FTO, LSPD Officer Brian Knight praised Rhodes' teaching style. Brian stated that while being taught by Rhodes, he was able to learn quickly, understand Rhodes' reasoning behind decisions, easily approach him regarding questions, and engage with him in casual conversation.
- Rhodes' K-9 Partner is a German Shepherd named Peanut.
Rhodes Moments[edit | edit source]
General[edit | edit source]
- Rhodes shows off an excellently written report.
- Rhodes compliments a bicycle.
- Rhodes hears OTT on a radio.
- Rhodes tortures a man.
Combat[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- List of accepted Cadets - https://clips.twitch.tv/DreamyEasyShrewAMPEnergy
- Rhodes promoted to Deputy - https://clips.twitch.tv/AbnegateGenerousRedpandaSpicyBoy
- 08/20/19 PD Rank Structure Update - https://i.redd.it/r3stdz362tt31.png
- Rhodes masters the Ichi Punch - https://clips.twitch.tv/StupidPowerfulLasagnaOhMyDog