Matt Dark-Rhodes is a character role-played by curvyelephant.
- 1 General Description
- 2 Physical Description
- 3 Personality
- 4 Background Information
- 5 Relationships
- 6 Momentous Dates within the PD
- 7 Quotes
- 8 Trivia
- 9 Highlights
- 10 Gallery
- 11 References
General Description[edit | edit source]
Matt Dark-Rhodes is a Sergeant for the Blaine County Sheriff's Office, Badge #320.
He is widely regarded as one of the best drivers, shooters, and leaders in the PD. Despite his relative newness to the PD, he is highly respected as a leader and role model to new officers.
He is one of six officers to hold all five LEO certifications (Air, FTO, Interceptor, K9, and SWAT). The other officers who hold all five certifications are Sergeants AJ Hunter and Brittany Angel, and Troopers Jackie Snow, Kael Soze, and Tony Andrews.
Physical Description[edit | edit source]
Rhodes is a 30-year-old caucasian male with scruffy blonde hair.
During "No Shave November" he sported a handlebar mustache.
Personality[edit | edit source]
Despite the BCSO having a reputation for incredibly bad drivers, Rhodes breaks the mold; regarded by some as one of the best drivers throughout all three departments.
With his formal schooling (and personal studies since), Rhodes has a strong understanding of case law; to the point where the LSPD Chief of Police, Bobby Smith's feedback on him during academy was "He was a lawyer, now he's a cop. He's a lawyer cop; he can fight the lawyers in Mission Row."
Background Information[edit | edit source]
Rhodes cares about the environment, he's always been passionate about clean living, and recycling. He only drives electric or hybrid cars, unless he's on duty. He is best friends with Tessa Lamb, who also worked closely with him at the Recycling Center before the private ownership rights were dissolved. After Rhodes lost ownership of the Recycling Center, he left the city for several months to concentrate on various school studies, including Public Interest and Criminal Law.
Before joining the police force, Rhodes was the owner of the Recycling Center; the only source of materials in the city at that time. Despite being a civilian, Rhodes always found himself in trouble with some of the most high-profile criminals of Los Santos. He became extremely paranoid, as multiple threats on his life would be made daily.
Harth Family Connection[edit | edit source]
Rhodes is particularly fearful of the remaining "Harth" siblings (Jacob Harth and Griselda "Zelda" Harth), as he was partly responsible for the death of their eldest brother, Simon L. Harth. Rhodes does not know if the two Harth siblings are aware of his connection to Simon's death, nor if they are as dangerous as their late brother.
Rhodes' first introduction to Zelda came several months after Simon's death. Rhodes was responding to a situation in which a man had been stabbed by a young blonde female in Legion Square. He noticed Zelda lurking in the vicinity, and detained her for questioning, connecting her physical likeness and last name to both Jacob and Simon. He confiscated the weapon from Zelda; taking note that it was the same type of dagger that Simon had used on him when Simon had kidnapped and stabbed Rhodes.
Relationships[edit | edit source]
Los Santos Police Department[edit | edit source]
Matt Rhodes is Bobby's "protégé." Although he has been in the city for a long time, Bobby had never met Rhodes until the police academy. In the feedback report, Bobby wrote about him, Bobby was under the impression that Rhodes had been a lawyer, stating "He was a lawyer, now he's a cop. He's a lawyer cop, he can fight the lawyers at Mission Row." Ever since their first ride-along Bobby has been impressed by Rhodes' abilities as an Officer, and commented that he's done a "damn good job." He passed Rhodes off on booking, making him the first Cadet to receive a checkmark on their modules. Bobby claims that he became a deputy thanks to all their ride-along and knew that he would do "phenomenal" during his final evaluation.
Bobby has taken quite a liking to Rhodes and will often seek to partner up with him as of recently. He was surprised to learn that Rhodes was in a relationship with Richard Dark and even laughed at the thought of it. They have quickly become good friends and show concern for one another's well being. Rhodes has even threatened Maverick Shaw before Bobby conducted his final evaluation. Warning him to keep Bobby safe or he was "done." The next day when Rhodes had questioned him how Shaw's final eval went, Bobby had thought he meant his own. Revealing to him that he had never taken one because he was "so good" that he didn't need to. When questioned further on the matter, Bobby claims to have "sucked a lot of dick" to get to where he's at and expects the same from Rhodes. He responded to Bobby with "Understood. I won't fail you."
On March 18th, 2020, Rhodes had to suspend and 51-50 Ripley after Ripley stabbed an incapacitated Lang Buddha.
"For what it's worth, I'm glad it was you. You got a good head on your shoulders." Ripley, before being 51-50'd
Before Ripley was sent off to Parsons Rehabilitation Center he requested that Rhodes take care of his K-9 Unit, Zero.
Kyle Pred and Rhodes attended the same academy class, joining the police department in the same recruit of Cadets.
Pred and Rhodes routinely attempt to disrupt each other's relationships. Allegedly, Pred is working on a diss track named "All Rhodes Closed."
Blaine County Sheriff's Office[edit | edit source]
Other[edit | edit source]
Rhodes and Tessa use to run the Recycling Center together, but after Matt lost the ownership of the center, he took an extended leave of absence from the city. Tessa often called him after bad blackouts, wanting to hear the voice of her friend to calm her down, but he rarely picked up. Recently he came back into the city and was accepted onto the police force, but things have changed a lot between Rhodes and Tessa. Their interactions are very limited, as Rhodes is constantly busy with police work, and doesn't have a lot of time to hang out after his long and stressful shifts.
Momentous Dates within the PD[edit | edit source]
|Recruit||Accepted into Academy.||August 10th, 2019|
|Cadet||Passed Academy - Badge #511.||August 14th, 2019|
|Cadet||Signed off on Booking by Trooper Jackie Snow.||August 19th, 2019|
|Cadet||Signed off on Pursuits by Trooper Jackie Snow.||August 22nd, 2019|
|Cadet||Signed off on Negotiations and Traffic Stops by Lieutenant Bobby Smith.||August 24th, 2019|
|Cadet||Signed off on Comms by Trooper Kael Soze.||August 25th, 2019|
|Solo Cadet||Approved for Solo Patrol - Badge #611.||August 28th, 2019|
|Solo Cadet||Signed off on Investigations by Trooper Jackie Snow.||September 11th, 2019|
|Solo Cadet||Took his final eval with Senior Officer Brittany Angel.||September 14th, 2019|
|Deputy||Promoted - Badge #320.||September 18th, 2019|
|Deputy||Air Certified - Call-Sign Dumbo-1.||October 16th, 2019|
|Senior Deputy||Promoted; PD Ranking Restructure.||October 20th, 2019|
|Sergeant||Command; FTO, SWAT & K9 Certified.||January 13th, 2020|
|Sergeant||Put in charge of K9.||April 30th, 2020|
|Sergeant||Interceptor Certified.||May 2nd, 2020|
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- "...Traffic is clear, weather is light."
- "...Traffic is shitty, weather is snowy...and also shitty."
- "Look, I wanna be you, Ziggy Buggs, but...without the crashing."
- "I'm TAKEN!"
- "FILTHY CRIMINALS!"
- "I'm no lawyer, but..."
- "Be advised..."
- "I love dick."
- "I GOTTA GO!"
- "It's CITATION SZN!"
- "Why is my right ear getting fucked right now!?"
- "I like when people are like right on top of me."
- "My husband has been in the ICU for, a few days now and I've gotten multiple texts from doctors, and I haven't even responded okay? I'M EMOTIONLESS!"
- "I don't blame you, at all. Cause I'm not gonna lie, I've been in your position before, and—it sucks knowing that you have information, but the moment you let other people know, you're opening doors that are going to essentially allow people to retaliate, and there's nothing you can do." - Matt in a conversation with Flop Dugong about his past.
- "He's been watching me for a year and a half, two years maybe...?" - Matt regarding the man in black robes Flop mentioned.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Really loves honey, especially on toast, and in his tea.
- Frequently goes into deep conversations about food and gadgets.
- Gadgets include his Ember mug, a Zojirushi thermos, and a Zojirushi rice cooker.
- His Call-Sign when bringing out Air-1 is "Dumbo-1".
- When Rhodes was still in his cadet phase he was signed off on investigations without a proper report, leading to him having to be resigned off on it by Trooper Jackie Snow.
- For some reason, people often ask him to call Kevin Shaw when asking for lawyer representation. Kevin has never answered, and never calls Rhodes back (despite several voicemails).
- At one point, Rhodes ended his relationship with Richard Dark, after Dark opened an investigation on his best friend, Tessa Lamb, following her being framed for a drug trafficking charge. Despite his requests for Dark to distance himself (due to conflicts of interest), Dark chose to pursue (and also take lead on) the case.
- Rekindled the relationship with Dark, following Dark's decision to hand off the "El Tesso" investigation to LSPD Sergeant, Stephen McClane. (Note: McClane was the one who suggested [and pushed for] Dark to hand over the case, as McClane didn't want to see their relationship end.)
- He was unaware that he was taking the actual Flight Certification Exam during the test, as he had only ever flown twice before.
- Has mastered the Shinoba sleeper attack, Ichi Punch.
- Early in his career, he was approached by Trooper Tony Andrews with an interest in giving him more of a leadership opportunity.
- Before Rhodes was promoted to an FTO, he got approval by High Command to train Cadets under "makeshift" FTO ridealongs.
- Before Rhodes was officially an FTO, LSPD Officer Brian Knight praised Rhodes' teaching style. Brian stated that while being taught by Rhodes, he was able to learn quickly, understand Rhodes' reasoning behind decisions, easily approach Rhodes regarding questions, and engage with Rhodes in casual conversation.
- During his wedding, Rhodes made sure to let Brian Knight know that he was specifically not marrying Richard Dark to rub it in Brian's face. (Brian was convinced for several weeks that he could get Richard Dark to marry him, in order to create the combined last name of "Dark-Knight".)
- Rhodes' K9 partner is a German Shepherd named Peanut.
- Adopted Cody Sharp as his son to spite Dark for adopting Flop Dugong behind his back.
- Loves Adele songs.
- Sleeps at Mission Row Police Department despite owning two houses.
- It is canon that Matt is a rope bunny.
Highlights[edit | edit source]
Combat Highlights[edit | edit source]
General Highlights[edit | edit source]
- Rhodes shows off an excellently written report
- Rhodes compliments a bicycle
- Rhodes hears OTT on a radio
- Rhodes tortures a man
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- List of accepted cadets - https://clips.twitch.tv/DreamyEasyShrewAMPEnergy
- Rhodes promoted to Deputy - https://clips.twitch.tv/AbnegateGenerousRedpandaSpicyBoy
- 08/20/19 PD Rank Structure Update - https://i.redd.it/r3stdz362tt31.png
- Rhodes masters the Ichi Punch - https://clips.twitch.tv/StupidPowerfulLasagnaOhMyDog