General Description Edit
Matt Dark-Rhodes is a Sergeant for the Blaine County Sheriff's Office, Badge #320.
Despite the BCSO having a reputation for incredibly bad drivers, Matt breaks the mold; regarded by some as one of the best drivers throughout all three departments.
With his formal schooling (and personal studies since), Matt has a strong understanding of case law; to the point where the LSPD Chief of Police, Bobby Smith's feedback on him during academy was "He was a lawyer, now he's a cop. He's a lawyer cop; he can fight the lawyers in Mission Row."
Background Information Edit
Matt cares about the environment, having always been passionate about clean living, and recycling. He only drives electric or hybrid cars, unless he's on duty. He is best friends with Tessa Lamb, who also worked closely with him at the Recycling Center, before the private ownership rights were dissolved. After Matt lost the ownership of the Recycling Center, he left the city for several months to concentrate on various school studies, including Public Interest and Criminal Law.
Before joining the police force, Matt Rhodes was the owner of the Recycling Center; the only source of materials in the city at that time. Despite being a civilian, Matt always found himself in trouble with some of the most high-profile criminals of Los Santos. He became extremely paranoid, as multiple threats on his life would be made daily.
Harth Family Connection Edit
Matt is particularly fearful of the remaining "Harth" siblings (Jacob Harth and Griselda "Zelda" Harth), as he was partly responsible for the death of their eldest brother, Simon L. Harth. Matt does not know if the two Harth siblings are aware of his connection to Simon's death, nor if they are as dangerous as their late brother.
Matt's first introduction to Zelda came several months after Simon's death. Matt was responding to a situation in which a man had been stabbed by a young blonde female in Legion Square. He noticed Zelda lurking in the vicinity, and detained her for questioning, connecting her physical likeness and last name to both Jacob and Simon. He confiscated the weapon from Zelda; taking note that it was the same type of dagger that Simon had used on him, when Simon had kidnapped and stabbed Matt.
Los Santos Police Department Edit
Matt Rhodes is Bobby's "protégé". Although he has been in the city for a long time, Bobby had never met Rhodes until the police academy. In the feedback report, Bobby wrote about him, Bobby was under the impression that Rhodes had been a lawyer, stating "He was a lawyer, now he's a cop. He's a lawyer cop, he can fight the lawyers at Mission Row". Ever since their first ride-along Bobby has been impressed by Rhodes' abilities as an Officer, and commented that he's done a "damn good job". He passed Rhodes off on booking, making him the first Cadet to receive a checkmark on their modules. Bobby claims that he became a deputy thanks to all their ride-along and knew that he would do "phenomenal" during his final evaluation.
Bobby has taken quite a liking to Rhodes and will often seek to partner up with him as of recently. He was surprised to learn that Rhodes was in a relationship with Richard Dark and even laughed at the thought of it. They have quickly become good friends and show concern for one another's well being. Rhodes has even threatened Maverick Shaw before Bobby conducted his final evaluation. Warning him to keep Bobby safe or he was "done". The next day when Rhodes had questioned him how Shaw's final eval went, Bobby had thought he meant his own. Revealing to him that he had never taken one because he was "so good" that he didn't need to. When questioned further on the matter, Bobby claims to have "sucked a lot of dick" to get to where he's at, and expects the same from Rhodes. He responded to Bobby with "Understood. I won't fail you".
On March 18th, 2020, Rhodes had to suspend and 51-50 Ripley after Ripley stabbed an incapacitated Lang Buddha.
"For what it's worth, I'm glad it was you. You got a good head on your shoulders." Ripley, before being 51-50'dBefore Ripley was sent off to Parsons Rehabilitation Center he requested that Rhodes take care of his K-9 Unit Zero.
Blaine County Sheriff's Office Edit
Kyle Pred and Rhodes attended the same academy class, joining the police department in the same recruit of Cadets.
Pred and Rhodes routinely attempt to disrupt each other's relationships.
Promotion Timeline Edit
|Cadet||New Hire ||August 14th, 2019|
|Solo Cadet||Approved for Solo Patrol||August 28th, 2019|
|Deputy||Promoted to full Deputy ||September 18th, 2019|
|Air Certified||Air-1 Certification acquired||October 16th, 2019|
|Senior Deputy||PD Ranking restructure ||October 20th, 2019|
|Sergeant||Command; FTO and SWAT Certified||January 13th, 2020|
- Really loves honey, especially on toast, and in his tea.
- His callsign when bringing out Air-1 is "Dumbo-1".
- For some reason, people often ask him to call Kevin Shaw when asking for lawyer representation. Kevin has never answered, and never calls Matt back (despite several voicemails).
- At one point, Matt ended his relationship with Richard Dark, after Dark opened an investigation on his best friend, Tessa Lamb, following her being framed for a drug trafficking charge. Despite his requests for Dark to distance himself (due to conflicts of interest), Dark chose to pursue (and also take lead on) the case.
- Rekindled the relationship with Dark, following Dark's decision to hand off the "El Tesso" investigation to LSPD Sergeant, Stephen McClane. (Note: McClane was the one who suggested [and pushed for] Dark to hand over the case, as McClane didn't want to see their relationship end.)
- He was unaware that he was taking the actual Flight Certification Exam during the test, as he had only ever flown twice before.
- Has mastered the Shinoba sleeper attack, Ichi Punch.
- Early in his career, he was approached by Trooper Tony Andrews with an interest in giving him more of a leadership opportunity.
- Before Matt was promoted to an FTO, he got approval by High Command to train Cadets under "makeshift" FTO ridealongs.
- Before Matt was officially an FTO, LSPD Officer Brian Knight praised Matt's teaching style. Brian stated that while being taught by Matt, he was able to learn quickly, understand Matt's reasoning behind decisions, easily approach Matt regarding questions, and engage with Matt in casual conversation.
- During his wedding, Matt made sure to let Brian Knight know that he was specifically not marrying Richard Dark to rub it in Brian's face. (Brian was convinced for several weeks that he could get Richard Dark to marry him, in order to create the combined last name of "Dark-Knight".)
- "...Traffic is clear, weather is light."
- "...Traffic is shitty, weather is snowy...and also shitty."
- "Look, I wanna be you, Ziggy Buggs, but...without the crashing."
- "I'm TAKEN!"
- "FILTHY CRIMINALS!"
- "I'm no lawyer, but..."
- "Be advised..."
- ↑ List of accepted cadets - https://clips.twitch.tv/DreamyEasyShrewAMPEnergy
- ↑ Matt promoted to Deputy - https://clips.twitch.tv/AbnegateGenerousRedpandaSpicyBoy
- ↑ 08/20/19 PD Rank Structure Update - https://i.redd.it/r3stdz362tt31.png
- ↑ Matt masters the Ichi Punch - https://clips.twitch.tv/StupidPowerfulLasagnaOhMyDog