Edward Thatch aka Captain Moosebeard is a character role-played by Traumz.
Edward Thatch is a Senior Deputy for the Paleto Bay Sheriff's Office, Badge #350.
Momentous Dates within the Government
|Early Life and Arrival in Los Santos|
Edward was born in Nova Scotia, Canada (formerly Acadia of New France) and was raised solely by his father Charles Thatch, an ex-pirate, after his mothers (Marissa Bonny) death when Edward was age 7. Edward worked alongside Charles on a merchant vessel for the East India Trading company until he was 12 years old. During a routine delivery the ship carrying Edward and Charles was attacked and boarded by pirates, who slaughtered the ships crew and began pillaging their precious cargo of spices. Charles, severely injured and fearing for his sons life, pleaded for an audience with the Captain, Captain Brand. Charles begged Captain Brand to spare his son, showing the Captain his mark of the pirate that was burnt into his flesh from his previous days as a pirate. Captain Brand agreed to spare Edwards life and brought him aboard his ship, The Fortuitous Skleeb, leaving an injured Charles behind to die at the hands of the sea.
The next few years were difficult for Edward, but things became easier as he grew more and more accustomed to pirate life. Edward was a fast learner and quickly became one of the most efficient members of the crew. Captain Brand noticed Edward had a knack for piracy and took him under his wing, training him in swordsmanship and flintlock weaponry.
Edward, now 19 years old, had long forgotten his past as a merchant sailor with his father and had fully embraced the wild life of a pirate. Edward had also gained a significant amount of trust with Captain Brand, and was often invited to the Captains quarters to help decipher maps and read compass directions. The crew of the Fortuitous Skleeb had recently acquired a large chest filled with assorted maps, and Captain Brand was quick to task Edward with scouring through them for potential loot locations. In his search through the maps Edward discovered a thin sheet of small, torn metal inscribed with a language he did not recognize with markings unlike any he had seen before. Edward could not resist, feeling that this "map" was special, and decided in true pirate fashion to keep it for himself, tucking it into the belt of his pants. Edward, during any free time that he had to himself, studied the torn map piece and quickly became fixated on deciphering the symbols.
Over the course of the next 6 years Edward worked closely alongside Captain Brand and became his first mate and most trusted crew member. Under their combined leadership the Fortuitous Skleeb had grown to be one of the most feared pirate vessels in the 17 seas. Now at the age of 25, Edward had become a skilled pirate and donned a large, scraggly beard. The beard, combined with his Canadian birth, earned him the moniker of "Moosebeard."
Fearless and well armed, the crew of the Fortuitous Skleeb was incredibly efficient and very over-confident in their pirating skills. Through an information network at a pirate port, the crew was tipped off to the location of Ganj-i-Sawai, the treasure ship of Grand Moghul of India. Captain Brand knew the risks would be great, but the reward all the sweeter, and consulted with Edward about how they could attempt an attack. Edward was very straight forward and suggested a head-on attack, but Captain Brand, who would typically seek a more strategic approach argued for the latter. After a long discussion Edward finally convinced Captain Brand that their firepower and aggressive tactics could successfully subdue the Ganj-i-Sawai.
Their plan was put into action and the Fortuitous Skleeb set sail for the target location. Upon arriving, the crew saw their prize just leaving port, and began their onslaught on the ship. Unbeknownst to the pirates, the Ganj-i-Sawai had just received enormous upgrades to help protect the priceless cargo that the ship carried, and the Fortuitous Skleeb quickly found themselves up against a far superior enemy than they had previously estimated. The battle raged on, with both sides inflicting heavy casualties on their opponent. Captain Brand knew that this battle would not end well for the Fortuitous Skleeb and focused his attacks on disabling the Ganj-i-Sawai to enable his ships full retreat.
The Fortuitous Skleeb was successful in crippling the other ship and turned to make a hasty retreat, but the Ganj-i-Sawai still had great firepower and continued their onslaught of attacks. In their escape Captain Brand was injured by the debris from a cannonball impact. Edward rushed to his side to treat his immediate wounds, but Captain Brand knew that this was no ordinary injury and entrusted immediate command of his ship to Edward.
Over the coming months, despite the tedious care from Edward, the wound Captain Brand gained would never fully heal. In Captain Brands final hours, with what little strength he had left, he informed Edward to seek his prized possession stored in his quarters. Captain Brand explained that he had found one piece of a larger puzzle and tasked Edward with completing his lifes work to find the location of the Treasure of the Gods. Edward felt the life drain from his former Captain and, after a brief moment of solemn remorse, he regained his composure, knowing with confidence that he now had a much greater responsibility.
Edward, now known to all as Captain Moosebeard, searched his former Captains quarters for the object Captain Brand had spoke of. Hidden in a small chest Moosebeard found a rolled up piece of thin, flexible metal. Moosebeard immediately recognized the material and unrolled it with every ounce of intrigue he had. Moosebeard was shocked to see that this was the missing piece of the map he had stolen from Captain Brand many years ago. With the full map at his disposal, Captain Moosebeard secretly began his search for the Treasure of the Gods.
Several years later Captain Moosebeard had deciphered most of the symbols on the map and was very close to determining the treasures location. The Fortuitous Skleeb remained one of the most feared pirate vessels on the 17 seas and Captain Moosebeard had expanded his pirate network tenfold. With many resources at his disposal, Captain Moosebeard was finally able to decipher the map. He realized that this was not any ordinary map of the ocean but actually a map of the stars, and of time itself. It pointed him to a very specific spot in the sea that drastically changed at a very specific hour once every 500 years. Fortunately for Moosebeard it would seem that destiny was on his side because the event in question was set to begin only months away.
After many days of preparation and travel, the Fortuitous Skleeb and her crew arrived at the destination to find nothing but a bunch of jagged rocks sticking out of the water. The crew was confused and oblivious to what Captain Moosebeard had found, but followed the orders of their Captain loyally. Moosebeard knew that it was only a matter of time before things would begin and decided to order some rest and relaxation for the crew. They opened up some fine barrels of rum and whisky and revelled in the glory of the pirate life.
That night, over a bottle of his favorite whisky, Captain Moosebeard peered out into the stars and up at a moon that was strangely large in the night sky. He thought about his life and all the things he had done to get to where he was. He thought about his previous Captain, his father, and his loyal crew. Getting lost in thought he barely noticed as the moon continued to get bigger and bigger in the sky, until it was so large and bright that it lit up the entire ocean as if it were daytime. Captain Moosebeard stood up and saw that the water had started to pull away from the rocks their had anchored near, revealing what looked to be the entrance to a cave. He knew that it was time and quickly prepared for his adventure.
Moosebeard gave the crew their orders and told them to wait for him to return, leaping over the edge of the boat into the water and then into the cave. Travelling further into the cave Moosebeard eventually found himself in a circular room with smooth, metallic walls and a waist-high pedestal in the center. Moosebeard, with the light from his torch and some strange light from inside the room, examined the area and studied the markings on the wall, noticing that they were far different than the ones on his map. He finally approached the pedestal in the center of the room, taking notice of a hand shaped imprint in the rock. Moosebeard, more curious than cautious, placed his hand into the opening on the pedestal and felt a sudden burst of energy course through his body. Every hair on his body stood straight up and his muscles began to tense. Unable to handle the immense force, Moosebeard was knocked backwards, hitting his head on the wall and losing consciousness.
Upon waking up, Moosebeard found himself in a cave that looks far different from the one he had previously been in. Unable to locate his torch, Moosebeard crawled towards the nearest light he could see, pushing some rocks aside and exiting the cave. Moosebeard did not recognize his surroundings and instead of seeing an ocean of water, found himself in a desolate desert. Around him were strange carriages with no horses, metal birds in the sky and the clatter of civilization he did not expect to hear nor did he recognize.
Unbeknownst to Moosebeard, he had been transported roughly 300 years into the future, arriving in the Grand Senora Desert of San Andreas in present day. Captain Moosebeard was about to embark on the greatest journey of his pirate career as he desperately tried to figure out what happened to him and learned to live with, and use, new technologies that changed the way people live over the last 300 years.
Moosebeard has spent the better portion of 2 years since his accident coming to terms with the fact that everyone he ever loved, everything he ever knew, all his worldly possessions and even his way of life and culture were gone. It has been an uphill struggle but Moosebeard continues to remain positive and feels that his specific set of skills give a great advantage to succeed in this new age of piracy
Road to Law Enforcement Officer
- Worked as a PD Lot Attendant and occasionally patrol the Apartment as an Alta Street Security, both jobs is currently without any salary. So to afford his livelihood he worked for the Rooster's Rest as a chef/cashier.
- During this time at the booth, he also invented the "SCAAGS check" as a friendly reminder for every cops that would enter or leave the MRPD Lot. According to Captain Moosebeard, the SCAAGS check is a preliminary provision check for police officers each time they go on duty. SCAAGS is an abbreviation for Satiation (food and water is enough), Car (vehicle is fixed up), Ammunition (stocked on ammo), Armor (wearing an armor vest), Gasoline (car is full on gas) and Stress (taken care of).
- On June 1st, 2021, while on his PD Lot Attendant duty he received his first official ridealong with Lenny Hawk and Kenny Hawk for an hour. Few hours later Claire Everly and Mina Price took him along for his second ridealong for the day.
- He was later approached by Barry Briddle and Jerry Perkins to a ridealong and they quickly was taken interest to Moosebeard for his great personality and assistance while patrolling up north. Since then, they have been on multiple ridealong that lasted their entire shifts with Moosebeard.
- While on ridealongs he also was involve in multiple shootouts while patrolling up north with Barry and Perkins. One instance was with the Lost MC on Sandy Shores Sheriff's Station and another instance was with an unknown assailant near the pelt selling area.
- Since then he has 35+ hours of ridealongs under his belt so far.
- While on a ridealong with Anita May, Moosebeard was invited to PD interview scheduled on June 14th. On June 18th he finally gets his interview by Matthew Espinoz, Clarence Williams and Gage Draider.
- He was officially hired as a cadet for the BCSO on June 24th, 2021.
- Thatch was solo certified on August 8th, 2021 and continues to work hard for the BCSO.
- Thatch was promoted to a full Deputy of the BCSO on November 5th, 2021 and took Lenny Hawk's old BCSO callsign in honor of him.
- Used to hang out with Whitley Booth, his seamen first mate and now fellow Captain.
- Has an interest of joining the San Andreas State Park Rangers. But initially fine starting with the Blaine County Sheriff's Office and as a PD Lot Attendant especially on shift 3.
- Hates the use of a word "Pirate" as he takes it as an insult for the seamen.
- Was an Employee of the Week 12 for the Rooster's Rest on May 7th, 2021.
- Is part Undead due to being cursed by 882 pieces of Aztec gold found on the Isla de Muerta
- Was bitten by both a werewolf and a vampire (Fangle Dan)
- Shares a very strong friendship with Bench Guy. When Thatch was promoted Bench Guy hugged him after the meeting and had been eagerly waiting for his promotion to full deputy so they could ride together.
|Played By: Traumz|
|Characters: Edward Thatch • Tim Littleman|