The Department of Corrections is a civilian division within the Los Santos Law Enforcement departments.
The Corrections Officers are in charge of watching guard and keeping inmates in line during their stay at Bolingbroke Penitentiary.
General Description[edit | edit source]
The Department of Corrections is open to legal and upstanding civilians who have been trained by either the Corrections Captains or the Wardens from the High Command division of the San Andreas State Police.
This department is a solely civilian operation, only affiliated and partially trained by the police department. The civilians are interviewed and then trained to be Corrections Officers.
*Admin's Note: If a civilian is in Department of Corrections, please put DoC in the "Certifications" slot of their character's infobox.
Staff[edit | edit source]
Civilians are hired for Department of Corrections by Sher Singh. The civilians put in an application for the Department of Corrections and are then interviewed by the Captains & the FTO's. If successful, they are supposed to attend a training day where the Captains & FTO's determine if the candidate is good fit for Department or not.
Selected Doctors are assigned to the Department of Corrections by Torah Andrews (Lead Prison Doctor) to work on scene. Their primary duty is to maintain the health and well-being of prisoners and Corrections Officers.
Corrections Officers greet prisoners at the entrance gate, and operate and defend Bolingbroke Penitentiary. Select civilians and Wardens from the High Command division of the SASP staff the prison, and assist prisoners with rehabilitation. Prisoners are allowed to play pool, exercise, craft items, and make special prison "God Slushies" during their stay.
The Corrections Officers communicate on a radio frequency separate from the police department, but are in constant contact with EMS and LEO. The Corrections Officers are able to observe EMS and LEO dispatch calls at all times, ensuring that they are aware ahead of time in the event of an emergency situation.
Chain of Command[edit | edit source]
From there, the rankings are Corrections Captain, Corrections Officer (FTO), Corrections Officer, and Corrections Medical.
- Wardens (HC) retain their original LEO callsigns while on duty (as in, 2xx).
- Corrections Captain and Officer callsigns begin with 7 (as in, 7xx).
- Corrections Medical call signs begin with the letter D (as in, Dx).
Rank Structure[edit | edit source]
'Note: If a guard gets promoted to a new rank, add the new rank to the list below. These are just the current ranks at the moment.
|Warden||High Command (SASP)|
|Corrections Officer (FTO)||FTO|
|Corrections Officer||Regular Guard|
|Corrections Medical||On-Site Prison Doctors|
Certifications[edit | edit source]
|Riot Control Certified||TBD|
|Field Training Officer||Approved Correction Officer|
|DoC Certified||Approved Civilian|
Former Members[edit | edit source]
|Name||Rank (When they left)||Badge# (When they left)||Note||Date|
|Gage Draider||Corrections Officer||734||Transferred to the LSPD.||February 22nd, 2020|
|Ekaterina Alekseyevna||Corrections Officer||742||Transferred to the LSPD.||February 22nd, 2020|
|John Mineo||Corrections Officer||750||Transferred to the LSPD.||February 22nd, 2020|
|Olof Gunnarsson||Corrections Officer||755||Transferred to the LSPD.||February 22nd, 2020|
|Johnny Divine||Corrections Officer||788||Transferred to the LSPD.||February 22nd, 2020|
|Bonnie Johnson||Corrections Officer||7xx||Transferred to the BCSO.||February 22nd, 2020|
|Huxley Johnson||Corrections Captain||717||Killed in the line of duty.||March 7th, 2020|
|Henri King||Corrections Captain||708||Transferred to the BCSO.||May 12nd, 2020|
|Lydia Vale||Corrections Captain||767||Transferred to the LSPD.||May 12nd, 2020|
|Ellis Pinzon||Corrections Officer||706||Transferred to the BCSO.||May 12nd, 2020|
|Ben Kruezer||Corrections Officer||714||Transferred to the BCSO.||May 12nd, 2020|
|Jim Underwood||Corrections Officer||737||Transferred to the LSPD.||May 12nd, 2020|
|Dan Faily||Corrections Officer||777||Transferred to the LSPD.||May 12nd, 2020|
- The following members were fired due to inactivity: Ingevar Falk, Ratty Capone, Antonio Oblesko, Andrew Pedoge, Rip Riley, Wes Wilson, Martin Schmidt, Vincent Hunt, Robert Bankerton, Kai Matthews, Ibrahim Dulac, Chad Manitoba, Anders Falk, Jimmy Goodman, Pat Downing, Donny Gretzky, Willow Wolfhart.
Controversies[edit | edit source]
Conan Clarkson Drug Usage[edit | edit source]
- On November 29th, 2019, while visiting the prison, Park Ranger Conan Clarkson received a bag of "ass meth" from a Russian inmate. In return, Clarkson reduced the time of the inmate and tried the ass meth.  He became addicted to the drug, continued to use it multiple times, and smuggled some out of the prison. Clarkson also gave a sample  of the drug to Judge LaBarre, who refused to try it and advised Clarkson to destroy it.
Forced Combat[edit | edit source]
- Ricky Robins and Denzel Williams were forced to fight each other in the prison yard by Kael Soze and Lauren Forcer, as part of their "rehabilitation". They were also tased and beaten by Soze and Forcer multiple times.
Inmate Burns Alive[edit | edit source]
- On November 29, 2019, inmate Kenneth Ruger was burnt alive by former Chief of Police and DoC guard Vladimir Raven during a prison riot while serving his 32-month sentence. Ruger died while under watch by DoC guards Jackie Snow, Olivia Copper, Vladimir Raven and Lauren Forcer.
Death of Karen[edit | edit source]
- On November 30th, 2019, Karen Witherspot was killed while under the watch of DoC guard Lauren Forcer. Karen had been sent to prison for taking Officer Casey Valentine hostage at the jewellery store, threatening the lives of officers and citizens. During her prison time, Karen was asked to grab a slushie from the cafeteria, and hysterically refused orders. She ran out of the cafeteria screaming and started circling the courtyard. After being asked to stop running several times, Lauren hit Karen in the back of the head with her baton.
- Karen passed away from the blunt force trauma while being treated by Dr. Tracy Martell at the prison medical center.
- *Note: While Karen was a "permathon" character, her death made a significant impact on Lauren's character following the previous night's events.