While working as an undercover private investigator/criminal informant by trade, he accepted work from the police and had to maintain his cover. His phone contact list was primarily filled with numbers of criminals and he kept his police contact numbers on a separate notepad.
- Discovered the inner workings of the Weed Farm in Blaine County, which included how it is run and the amount of money that can be made from it, after receiving information from the Lunatix MC.
- Tasked by Sam Baas and Randy Wrangler to find where illegal weapons come from and who deals in them. Informed by Baas that the Lost MC deals in guns, particularly small arms.
- Investigated the cocaine and drug trade; discovered that Upper Vinewood is a hotspot for cocaine sales.
- Had briefly begun to infiltrate the Angels as an undercover criminal informant. Barry didn't follow up on this as he became inactive for a lengthy period of time before eventually deciding to stop being a CI and instead go on ridealongs with the PD.
After quitting CI work, he became a ride-along for the Police Department, riding with cops such as Jerry Perkins, Aaron Byson, and Sam Baas. Although, with the city becoming bankrupt due to the government going all in on GameStop stocks, the Police Department lost funding and was initially unable to give ride-alongs.
On February 6th, 2021 Barry applied to work at the Burger Shot managed by Kevin Whipaloo after he was informed that the PD was no longer giving ride-alongs. He worked the cash register and cooked the various foodstuffs sold to customers. He was one of the first new employees to be hired, and developed a long-standing feud with fellow employee Kenneth Foreman, who was hired a few days after him. He quickly become a favorite of manager Robert Spowylamywanowski, in part because of his loyal attitude and quick comebacks.
While working at Burger Shot, he delivered free donuts and coffee to the police department (after it was approved by Kevin) as a way to advertise the restaurant and set himself up in a positive light to the PD.
Additionally, his really primal facial features earned him the nickname of "Sasquatch" from his fellow coworkers and managers. This resulted in him almost getting hunted by Leslie Lingberg during a "delivery training exercise" set up by Robert Spowylamywanowski and Bradley Kickass. While working at the Burger Shot, his fellow employees even spread a rumor that he was a werewolf. Though these claims were unsubstantiated, the Night Shift Crew at the restaurant were hard at work trying to prove them.
In a convoluted scheme to escape the wrath of The Hunter, while also gathering intel on Kenneth Foreman, Barry Briddle planned to be "fired" from Burger Shot and then undergo bootleg sex reassignment surgery by an alternate persona of Leslie before being rehired under the alias "Marry Middle". Although the scheme was rendered moot when both The Hunter and Ken were made aware of his intention to undergo a sex change and that he wasn't really fired, yet he still decided to undergo surgery (with the one stipulation that his penis remained untouched). He received breast implants that were two apple pies wrapped in Burger Shot bags and potato "lip enhancements", but the surgery was interrupted when Robert fired his gun. That action attracted the police and led to the arrest of both Rob and Leslie, while Barry was taken to Pillbox Medical where the surgery was undone. Although the doctor that treated Barry decided to give him some "remnant ass cheeks" to stuff a bra with, allowing Barry to still go undercover as "Marry Middle".
Barry was awarded 'employee of the day' multiple times by Robert, the night crew manager at the time, and had been promoted to the rank of team leader before being hired at the BSCO.
When Barry became a cadet for the BCSO, he shifted to a part-time worker for Burger Shot. Since then he used his employment as an opportunity to steal food from the establishment and give it to his fellow officers and himself for sustenance. By August 2021 he was fired for inactivity since he hadn't come to work since he became a ranger.
On February 28th, 2021 the Police Department conducted a mass-interview session to all people who wanted to be cops. Barry was one of the interviewees and was interviewed by Anthony Copleone and Brittany Angel about his aspirations and how he would handle certain situations. After the interview was completed, Barry was given an interest form by Angel for him to fill-out and turn in to be accepted as a ridealong. And on March 3rd, 2021 he was given a formal interview by Brittany Angel and Domenic Toretti to gauge his interests, aspirations, situation-handling skills, and more. After the interview was conducted, he was allowed to become a civilian ride-along again while the PD went over his interview pending a decision to make him a deputy or not.
He was hired as a Cadet for the BCSO on March 11th, 2021 and passed academy on March 28th, 2021. During his time as a cadet, Mike Bayo referred to him a series of videos called "Verbal Judo", these series of videos teach people how to become better speakers and to become more assertive in the line of duty. He attained solo cadet status on May 4th, 2021.
During this time, he received a lot of praise from his fellow officers for his thoroughness, knowledge of SoPs and case laws, and overall actions as a cadet. Briddle even garnered praise from Jackie Snow, who suggested that he might be an FTO one day. Because of this, he developed a specialty for catching oxy runners. He caught about six of them during his time as a police cadet.
Barry's first arrest as a solo officer also resulted in his first bench trial as a solo officer. He ended up partially losing the case, with the defendant being able to drop one of the charges Barry brought against him. They both occurred on 5/5/21 and the presiding judge for the trial was Coyote Russell. However, on the following day after this bench trial, the charge "Sale of Drugs" (the charge that was dropped in the bench trial) was modified by the DOJ after numerous complaints by LEOs and the ADA, Barry found out through Daisy Dukakis.
While processing a burglar, Barry caught Theodore Tinker tazing a woman in the MRPD holding cells which caused her heart to explode and die at the cells. This ignited a rivalry between the two. He was also kidnapped and stabbed by two unknown assailants as retaliation against Snow, who supposedly put them in time out. After stabbing them they said to relay the message: Snow is falling. He has an ongoing healthy rivalry with the Littlemen siblings, Jim Littleman and Tim Littleman.
While a deputy, he had expressed interesting in patrolling in the northern part of the county. He had told his superiors many times that he does not care much for big city situations, such as races, robberies, or shootouts.
Once becoming full-deputy, he had intended to send an interest form to transfer to the San Andreas State Park Rangers after it was announced that they were taking in applications, per Conan Clarkson. While trying to become a ranger, Barry created survival items for the department to distribute as Ziggy Buggs stated that every ranger has created or offered something for the department. These items include maps, meal ready to eat (MRE), sleeping bags, etc.
On May 18th, 2021 Barry was formally accepted into the Rangers after he met with lead ranger Ziggy at the top of Mt. Chiliad. He officially became a ranger on 5/21/21 after taking the ranger final evaluation, which was to fight two mountain lions in hand-to-hand combat. Although the murder kitties downed him nearly instantly, Ziggy announced that Barry had passed, and was thus to be known as Ranger Barry Briddle.
After short spurts of inactivity, Barry officially returned to active ranger duty on October 28th, 2021 after police discovered him incapacitated in a broken down shack up at Sandy Shores. He claimed that he had been living in the mountains and lived off the land by eating cockroaches and doing what it takes to survive. During that period, his hair grew back and he grew a scruffy beard which caused him to gain a few new nicknames such as Rambo or Solid Snake.
Initially began as a string of random hits and 911 calls that were picked up by the Police Department and Daisy Dukakis, now it blew up into a multi-department investigation encompassing multiple members of PD. Barry and Perkins responded to an injured persons call by Grapeseed. They encountered a man named James Adams who was walking near the location of the call. He was questioned thoroughly and all he remembered was that he was robbed, stabbed, and revived at Grandma's. Minutes later a back-up call was requested by Jenny Hall at the same place, the duo scurried there from the mountains. When they arrived, they saw a man incapacitated on the ground named Mickey Mouse surrounded by three other deputies. The victim, Mickey, claimed that Toni Balbani chopped off his finger and left him for dead at Grapeseed. He was rushed to Pillbox where he received treatment and was subsequently questioned by Barry, Perkins, and Marco Holliday. They were given a physical description of the perpetrator and were poised to keep a look out for him.
Later on, Barry and Perkins rushed to a downed officer call by Legion Square where they saw Luka Kozlov incapacitated and riddled with bullets, they later found out that there was a hit put on him by an unknown group (found out it was the mafia family that Balbani headed). By fate, they encountered Balbani (who fit the description given by Mickey) and his crew during an active pursuit that started at the Casino and ended at Vinewood Hills. All persons being chased in that pursuit were apprehended by the police and brought to MRPD to be processed and sent to prison, except for Balbani. He was not sent off as he had to stay for a line-up and was interrogated by Dukakis. Though as Barry eventually went off duty, the Balbani Crime Family was raided after a traffic stop. The police came up with several armaments, drugs/paraphernalia, racing dongles, and dirty money.
The following day, Barry got back on duty and attended the regular Shift 3 Meeting where he and the rest of PD were debriefed by Lea Nova about more findings of another possible mafia group up at Sandy. Nova had found Cosa Nostra and threats against police written in various places all over Sandy Shores. Barry claims that the writings in Sandy are connected to Balbani's groups, stating that the Don is mad. After the meeting, Barry and Perkins met up with Tessa Lamb after not seeing her for months. They had a quick debrief about happenings up north and the duo's K9 certification. Barry had asked Tessa about the Mafia's activities in the north, though she had no grasp of their activities. However, BCSO Deputy Vincent Cannoli approached the group after he had overheard their conversation. He stated that a Reginald Legarski confessed to him and Wrangler about being held captive by a Mafia group at the Raven Slaughterhouse after Legarski was said to have planted 150g of weed on the mafia, getting them raided and arrested for drug trafficking. As the conversation proceeded, Tessa brought up that her driving school instructors were being attacked and harassed by members of Balbani's family and that she was being stalked by a man named Jakka Romano, who may be affiliated with this mafia group. After the conversation ended, Barry and Perkins resumed their normal patrol activity.
While during patrol, Perkins asked who callsign 315 was and discovered that it was Vincent Cannoli, the same deputy that approached them about mafia activities and confessions. Barry claimed that Cannoli sounded like a mafioso because of his very Italian surname, the duo returned to MRPD and asked the dispatchers the whereabouts of Cannoli so they could question him and find any sort of link with an active mafia in the city. Barry and Perkins found him and questioned him thoroughly, they came to a conclusion that Cannoli was a mole sent by a mafia family to spy on the police. The Duo threatened to beat Cannoli with nightsticks if he did not fess up to the purported truth that they concluded with. Though they were met with confusion from Cannoli and no forward answer. He claimed that he has no connections to the Italian Mob in question and that they were gaslighting him. Barry shoved him and demanded to come clean, this resulted in a physical altercation between the three resulting in Barry getting incapacitated and Cannoli being let go. Barry and Perkins proceeded to resume their daily patrol activities.
The following day, Barry went on duty and decided to do the Motorcycle Time Trials to attain the motorcycle certification. While doing the Sandy Shores trial, his route was blocked by an abandoned Mesa with the words Costa Nostra and Illegal Speeding scribbled all over. He called out to Byson that the mob was active and had interrupted his trial. While waiting for him to arrive, Barry was met by an unknown man honking his horn and flipping him off at the bridge below the abandoned vehicle. After a few attempts the bike he used needed to be repaired so he went to Harmony Auto Repair and got it fixed, where he and Byson encountered the man who was interrupting and actively messing with the trials: Jakka Romano. He was chased off by Byson and threated to beat and arrest him if he kept interfering with the trial. Not much else happened as he continued to do the trials until he gave up.
The following day he went on duty, He met with Persnickety Windalu, a BCSO cadet, who was caught snooping around at the Fingle Office. Initially Barry thought he was a mafia member as he wore a trench coat and a fedora. Though after talking further with him, that was not the case. Barry hired Windalu to investigate Cannoli and relay any new information to Barry so he can expand his profile on him. So far he found out that Cannoli was going to dress up as an Italian Mobster for a themed wrestling event, which he found suspicious and almost too coincidental. He rode alongside Moosebeard to do regular patrol when they received a 911 call about a man with slicked back hair holding people up at knife point. He rushed there to only see Jakka Romano fitting the description. Upon arrival, Moosebeard and Barry alongside an off duty Cleo Shaw grilled and questioned Jakka. They discovered that there are 3 Mafia Families operating in Los Santos: Toni Balbani's, Jakka's (which was found out to be Cosa Nostra), and another unknown mafia group. Furthermore, Jakka stated that Vincent Cannoli was a part of his mafia group and claimed that he was the group's Punisher as he would bring up victims on Tuesdays and Thursdays at the Grapeseed torture room and beat them to death.
Barry let Jakka go as he saw a 311 call that Cannoli was going back on duty after he had went off duty minutes prior, which caused Barry to link the torture and the coincidental 311 call. He rushed to MRPD to meet with Byson to discuss his findings while Moosebeard and Cleo talked to Cannoli. Upon leaving MRPD they received an anonymous call about a dead body at the Grapeseed torture room. They rushed up there to investigate and discovered a dead local with its face beaten in by brass knuckles and a box of cannoli by its corpse. Byson, Barry, and Louis Bloom (the first cop on the scene) took photos of the crime to document and put in an unlisted report so Vincent Cannoli would not be able to see it. Upon canvassing the scene, a drunken Lily Pond barged in the torture room and Sexton Hardcastle went after her, though they would be told to leave the scene and were not debriefed about the situation. As they emerged from the torture room, they were met with Cannoli and told him that it was a prank and that nothing happened there. Barry and Byson returned to the city to further discuss the findings and resumed normal patrol and responded to a Vault Heist and Jewelry Store robbery. Upon their return to MRPD to talk to Jeffrey Bundy about the mafia investigation, they saw Cannoli talking to Zach Casady. Barry overheard him about bringing him up north to discuss things, which led him to believe that he may be expanding his influence to other cops. Though, when confronted the two brushed it off and stated that they were talking about American Sports. Soon after, Barry and Byson met with Bundy to give him a rundown and debriefing of the current findings they have on the mafia groups. The two were given permission by Bundy to go as undercover mafioso on Monday to investigate further. Though, Barry or Byson were unable to go as UC Mafioso. Barry's investigation into the Italian Mafia was then dropped, as soon afterwards he went inactive once again.
After a few weeks of inactivity, Barry returned to duty and later got invited into Internal Affairs on 11/23/21 by officer Richard Dark-Rhodes. However, Barry never got any IA cases before going inactive again for nearly a month. The only IA work he participated in during that time was a complaint against himself from Mike Bayo, where Barry actually gave himself seven strike points.
When he returned on 1/18/22, the perception of IA within the PD was severely degraded. The ability of the former to enforce any punishments was effectively neutered, with most other members of IA having either quit or been unable to enforce any significant punishments. As a result, Barry decided that it was no longer feasible for him to accomplish anything within the department and sought to get himself fired from IA. By this time he also began unofficially doling out trivial amounts of strike points (0.3 being Barry's preferred number) or offering to remove strike points as a reward.
Day-to-Day Ranger Operations:
- During his patrol as a Ranger, he would go up to hunting and fishing spots to check licenses and apprehend those who were illegally hunting or fishing. He was also granted permission to go undercover or unmarked to find crimes against wildlife, per Ellis Pinzon and Daisy Dukakis.
- He wants to start his own Fire Marshall subdivision in the Rangers where they deal with forest fires and fires in general. He has his own Fire Marshall helmet, Fire Axe, and Fire Marshall Badge.
- He is currently working his way up to a K9 Certification, though with him being a Ranger it is guaranteed, as stated by Pinzon.
- He has an educational ambassador cougar named BJ. He takes it out during his ranger patrols to teach the fellow citizens of Los Santos about the importance of animal conservation.
- He often rides with other police officers to do Ranger operations. His most consistent partner has been Jerry Perkins, as they ride together patrolling the north and catching criminals.
- He hands out temporary fishing and hunting licenses to the various citizens of Los Santos upon request. The money is funneled to the SASPR account.
- On May 20th, 2021 he, alongside Rhodes, completed two sets of soft raids after weapons from David Rusky turned up in multiple crime scenes. One being a city vault robbery and one being a joyriding incident.
- He developed an interest in joining Wrangler's upcoming investigative unit (WASP is no longer the name of said unit), which is similar to Major Crimes Division but focuses on working from low-tier crime to high-tier crime. His first "taste" of this unit was on May 22nd, 2021 when he and Wrangler went around undercover trying to find people selling weed without a proper dispensary license, though unsuccessful they did manage to find and apprehend a poacher and a would-be car thief.
- During a traffic stop up in Blaine County, he discovered a new oxycontin running spot off of East Joshua Road. He has also discovered a new oxycontin spot by Paleto Bay. He has also compiled a list of known Chop Shop and coyote den locations throughout the county.
- After receiving information about possible marijuana growing operations around Blaine County from Baas, he alongside Perkins has begun investigating possible spots where people can potentially grow their marijuana. So far, he has found grow ops in the swamplands next to Fort Zancudo and in various pockets around Sandy Shores. Furthermore, he brought up to John Doe, the acting assistant district attorney, to possibly change two laws related to marijuana: possession and cultivation. As those two laws were vaguely written and it would cause marijuana-based court cases to be losses for the PD.
- He and Baas discovered that evidence of weed (kief, pipes, etc.) can be seen strewn about in places where drug sales have been called in.
- He conducted another soft raid on June 12th, 2021 after he apprehended someone doing oxycontin sales up north. The suspect had about 25 bottles of oxycontin and 35 bands of notes on his person. He came up with no drugs in the suspect's home, but he did confiscate 72 rolls of notes; a safe cracking tool; a hunting rifle; a hunting knife; a suspicious delivery list; and a VPN.
- Staking out the pelt sale place by Harmony as there have been numerous reports of people reportedly robbing and/or shooting any one who attempts to sell their pelts there. He was shot down by unknown perpetrators after he caught them trying to rob people.
- Participated in the Corvette Police Interceptor Time Trials and had a lap of 4:45 (technically 4:25 as he accidentally crossed the line while asking for repairs).
- Although he isn't FTO-certified, for a time in 2021 he took out cadets and taught them the ropes (after approval from a commanding officer).
- Participated two of the three Motorcycle Unit Time Trials. Achieved a 5:58 in the Mt. Chiliad trial and a 3:57 in the Vespucci Beach trial. He did the Sandy Shores trial at 6:00, though not the target time, he was still given the certification by Lance Malton. (Although it wasn't until 1/18/22 that Barry went on patrol as a motor unit.)